- oṃ tryambakaṃ yajāmahe
- sugandhiṃ puṣṭi-vardhanam
- urvārukam iva bandhanān
- mṛtyor mukṣīya māmṛtāt
- ॐ त्र्य॑म्बकं यजामहे सु॒गन्धिं॑ पुष्टि॒वर्ध॑नम्
- उ॒र्वा॒रु॒कमि॑व॒ बन्ध॑नान् मृ॒त्योर्मुक्षीय॒ मा ऽमृता॑त् ॥
- Let us meditate on the three eyes of Reality, whose scent permeates all beings.
- Out of Love for Immortality, Let her set us free from death, as easily as we cut the stem that ties up the cucumber
- Mantra linked to Tryambaka or 'the one with three eyes', qualifier of the Vedic devata Rudra,
- later identified as Shiva in Tantra.
- Evokes liberation from death and ignorance.